Definition of Premature Ejaculation:
Most men have experienced the problem of premature ejaculation at some time in their life. Premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual problems. Premature ejaculation is explained as a condition where in a person is unable to delay ejaculation to a point when it is mutually desirable for both the partners. That means ejaculation occurs before a man wants it to happen. Some men ejaculate during foreplay while some do so at the very entry itself.
|Premature Ejaculation remedy Kit|
But few men feel that 5 or 10 minutes time to have orgasm is not enough and they feel that this is also premature ejaculation. This suggests premature ejaculation is most likely psychological in origin than physiological. The exact cause of premature ejaculation is still unknown.
Ayurveda has said Kshiprumunchati Shukram....... this means the person will have Premature ejaculation when vata in his body aggravates and leads to a very quick ejaculation of shukra (semen).
The probable causes for premature ejaculation:
- Anxiety during the first experience of sex. Some men will develop a longer-term anxiety toward sex, which can cause a prolonged experience with premature ejaculation.
- A long period of abstinence from sex.
- Younger men tend to ejaculate more quickly than older men, as experience seems to be associated with ejaculatory control.
- Depression or anxiety about poor sexual performance
- Anxiety due to anticipation of Rejection by partner.
- Anticipation of failure to satisfy his partner
- Anticipation of pain
- Adverse experiences with sex in childhood
- Religious beliefs
- Financial burdens
- Job stress
- Relationship problems
- Side effects of some prescription drugs
- Apart from psychological causes some physiological causes like inflammation of prostate gland or spinal chord problems may cause premature ejaculation.
According to ayurveda when vayu gets vitiated it causes premature ejaculation. The following causes vitiates vata
- Consuming stale, spicy, cold and junk food (Men who are away from home on business mostly consume this sort of food )
- Staying awake for long hours at night .
- Long gap between meals
- Controlling natural urges (this happens during long corporate meetings)
- Physical and mental exertion.
- Under nourishment due to worries and grief
- Sitting for long hours in uncomfortable chairs.
- Traveling at high speeds.
- Seek psychotherapy to maintain a healthy attitude towards sex.
- Do not blame yourself for premature ejaculation. Anybody can experience premature ejaculation.
- Speak openly with your partners to avoid misunderstanding and miscommunication.
Many techniques are used to control premature ejaculation. “The squeeze technique” is popular and effective amongst all. Squeeze technique is a behavioral therapy. If a man senses that he is about to experience premature ejaculation, he interrupts sexual relations. Then the man or his partner squeezes the shaft of his penis between a thumb and two fingers applying gentle pressure just below the head of the penis for 20 seconds. And then sexual relations can be resumed. The technique can be repeated as often as necessary. When this technique is successful, it enables the man to learn to delay ejaculation with the squeeze, and eventually, to gain control over ejaculation without the squeeze.
The Masters & Johnson method:
- The best way to combat premature ejaculation is by learning to control the sensations prior to orgasm. This method takes time and practice, but it is very effective.
- First you need to bring yourself close to orgasm (this can be done via masturbation, without the involvement of your partner) and then stop and relax before recommencing.
- Each time you need to bring yourself closer to orgasm until finally you
cannot control it. If you do this often enough, you will learn where your
point of climax is. This is helpful when interacting with your partner.
You will need to practice reaching your climax point with your partner by engaging in non-penetrative sex so that when you feel it is near, you signal them to stop and you allow your erection to subside.
- This also needs to be repeated so that you and your partner are familiar
with the procedure.
- Once you feel you are ready for intercourse, it is best to start by lying on your back so that you can guide your partner during penetration. When you are near orgasm, give your partner a signal to stop and you should relax and start again. Once you get the hang of it (it may take several weeks or months), premature ejaculation shouldn’t be too much of a problem. A variant of this method involves the partner squeezing the tip of the penis just before orgasm ("squeeze technique"). This pushes blood out of the penis and reduces the erection.