- Ayurveda medicinal properties of ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha the Indian ginseng
- Ashwagandha- Withania somnifera
Ayurveda Medicinal properties of Ashwagandha
texts describe medicinal properties of
ashwagandha as follows
1. "Kando vajikaraha smritaha"- The roots of ashwagandha act as Vajikara or aphrodesiac. Hence it helps in erectile dysfunction, prevents premature ejaculation and increases quality and quantity of semen.
2. "Ashwagandha anila shleshma shwitra shotha kshayaapaha". Ashwagandha helps in conditions like inflammation, vitiligo, and in general weakness. It also helps to alleviate vata and kapha dosha. Thus ashwagandha is beneficial in diseases arising from vitiation of vata and kapha.
3. "Balya rasaaayani tiktaa kashayoshnaatishukrala”. Ashwagandha strengthens the body and rejuvenates its tissues. It increases quality and quantity of semen.
4. "Vriddho api bhavedyuvam" . Regular use of ashwagandha helps elderly persons to gain energy like a youth.
Ashwagnadha helps to reduce stress, inflammation. It increases
digestion and helps to eliminate intestinal parasites. Researches have shown
that ashwagandha helps to reduce blood pressure, asthma and helps in skin
diseases. This herb is used as a vital ingredient in many ayurvedic preparations
which are used in epilepsy and other psychological disorders. It normalizes
sleep and helps to reduce cough and allergic bronchitis.
Go to Consultations