Most men are not too concerned about skin care and anti aging stuff. They just wash their face with soap and they are good to go. But the thing is, just like women, men also suffer from gradual loss of collagen and elastin in the skin as they age. As we all know, loss of collagen and elastin leads to sagging skin and wrinkles which can make a person look older. The process of skin aging can’t be stopped, but you can definitely do something to slow it down. So for the men out there, especially those who are in their twenties and thirties, you need to add some products to your daily skin care regimen to avoid looking old and wrinkly by the time you’re in your fifties. You just have to give your skin a little help to look its best. Let me share to you some of them.
1. Clean your face daily, every morning and before you sleep with products suitable for your skin type. This helps get rid of dirt and oil that may cause acne. Just be careful not to overwash your face because it could just make your skin dry. Limit it to two washes per day.
2. Moisturize your face daily with a moisturizer with SPF after washing your face to protect your skin from dryness. Facial moisturizers help in keeping the skin hydrated and it also helps restore moisture in the skin. Make sure that you buy one with SPF so you’re protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays which is the main cause of premature aging. The higher the SPF, the better.
3. Invest in a good eye cream. The area around the eyes is the most delicate part of the face. It is also the most prone to wrinkles and fine lines so it’s very important to keep it hydrated and protected.
4. Invest in a good quality shaving cream and aftershave lotion. Due to constant shaving, men’s skin are more prone to irritation, dryness and premature aging. As a tip, it’s best to use a shaving cream with moisturizing content and use warm water and aftershave lotion after shaving to prevent dryness.
5. Visit a day spa near you and indulge in a skin care treatment once a month. Facial skin treatments help rejuvenate the skin and remove deep deated dirt that may be trapped on your skin. Some facial treatments even offer anti aging benefits so it’s like hitting two birds with one stone. Give your skin the love and pampering it deserves, even for just once a month.