Facts about testosterone
- Testosterone is a male sexual hormone.
- It is produced in testes in men. It is produced in little quantities in ovaries of women.
- Pituitary gland governs the production of testosterone
- Testosterone is muscle building hormone.
- It is responsible for development of secondary sexual characteristics in men like deeper voice, muscle mass, facial hair and development of male genital organ.
- It is responsible for libido in men and women.
- Testosterone increases body metabolism resulting in lower body fat.
- It helps in production of matured, healthy sperms.