In texts of Yogaratnakara the eligibility for Vajikarana therapy is very well explained. The following persons can undergo Vajikarana therapy.
1. A person who is interested in sex and sexual activities– Immense energy is needed for persons who are interested in sexual activities and who have intense urge for these type of activities . Such persons can undergo Vajikarana Therapy which contains Vajikarana herbs to boost their sexual energy level.
2. A man who is sexually active and young can also consume these Vajikarana preparations to maintain the same energy levels and to prevent early degeneration of male reproductive system.
3. Aging takes a toll on sexual functions of men. Men who are aging and think that they are losing sexual energy can also consume these preparations. Ayurveda acharyas recommend these preparations to slow down aging process and help rejuvenation.
4. Increased sexual activities like repeated intercourse, masturbation etc reduce energy of men. This leads to reduction in quality and quantity of semen or shukra dhatu kshaya. Reduction in shukra dhatu causes erectile dysfunction or impotence. Vajikarana therapy is one of the best natural remedies for erectile dysfunction.
5. Men who want their offspring or children to be born with good health can opt for Vajikarana therapy.
6. Men who want to keep erectile dysfunction or impotence, premature ejaculation, low sperm count and low sperm motility at bay can use this.